“Don’t lick your plate” there’s one thing you won’t hear this mama saying! This delicious Valentine’s milkshake is made to lick. Throw the rules out the window and have at it.
Valentine’s Day is hard enough with trying to get flowers at a sane price (well, for your husband, that is), finding a restaurant that actually has availability, and forget about finding a babysitter. The last things I want to do is 1. Pay for desserts I can make at home and 2. Spend more time making special desserts than eating them 3. battling the V-day crowd! So these Valentine’s milkshakes it a perfect solution.
Not to mention with these milkshakes, the messier the better. I only needed to grab a few flavors of ice cream, and I had almost everything else on hand.
Here’s what you may need to buy:
- Ice cream
- Your choice any flavor icing, Nutella, or Fluff (for rimming the glass)
- Your choice of cookies & candy (for decorating the rim)
Everything else is just icing in the milkshake! So here’s are a few extra items I used to make these extra special
- Coffee beans (for the rim and to throw in some chocolate ice cream)
- Paper straws (I had left over from a birthday party)
- Chocolate sauce to fancy up the cups
- Whipped cream
- Pirouline wafers (I had those in the cabinet already)
…notice a trend here? Ladies, just use what you’ve already got in the house, get a few special items, and don’t stress it.
Friends, these are super-duper simple, I really didn’t need to do anything more than just flash a few photos for you to get the idea. So that’s just what I’m doing-the above photo is the only guide you really need.
- First, I started with crushing the cookie/candy mixture I wanted in a sandwich bag & dumped the crushed ingredients onto a coffee filter
- Next, add icing, Nutella, or icing to the rim of your cup and pressed the cup into the crumble mix.
- Last, I added ice cream, milk (until you reach your desired consistency), and any add-in’s you want into your blender. Blend it up, and viola! (Note* this can also be done by hand, just give your add-in’s a good crushing first)
Now, if there is one thing you should know, it’s this (AND I STRESS THIS)… presentation is everything! There’s a saying, “you eat with your eyes first” and it’s true!
Have fun with it, don’t stress it, and enjoy your special Valentine’s desserts.