1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. In a small bowl melt your butter (just a minute or so in the microwave will do), then add sage. Let cool for 10 minutes.
4. Add canola oil to your skillet, then place it in an oven until it's very hot (about 5-8 minutes).
5. In a large bowl whisk together flour, cornmeal, cheese, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
6. In a separate bowl whisk together the butter, buttermilk, pumpkin, eggs, and brown sugar until combined.
7. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture then add the buttermilk mixture, and stir until just combined.
8. Carefully add the batter to the hot skillet. Go slow & be careful, the batter may splatter.
1. In a small bowl add butter, flour, salt, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pecans. With a fork (or your fingers) mix until the streusel becomes crumbly.
2. Sprinkle over the batter breaking up large chunks (like I DIDN’T do)
3. Bake until golden brown or a toothpick comes out clean. About 25 to 30 minutes.
Let cool and serve with butter.