Ramen Noodle Redo-From Dud to Stud!
So what’s my go-to for a quick weeknight dinner? Ramen noodles, of course! But these aren’t the high sodium noodles you remember. Ditch the packet for a few fresh ingredients and you have a hearty, healthy bowl of soup.
Let me tell, you everyone in my family LOVES these noodles. It’s one of our favorites simply because it’s so versatile & everyone can make a bowl of noodles individual to their taste buds. Oh aaaand, they’re like .15 cents per pack. I mean, it doesn’t get any more budget friendly than that!
I set the dinner table up as a make your own buffet. I’ve found a few versions of noodle soup on Pinterest, so I pretty much decided to combine them all and let the family choose what they want. All of the ingredients are what we use, but if there’s others you can think of, you can certainly add them. Just use what your family likes.
To make the Noodles
- Noodles (1 pack per person)
- Flavor pack (ok to be fair to Ramen noodle, I do use half of the flavor pack-only if I don’t have some stock in a box)
- Rice wine vinegar
- Soy sauce
- Boil water & cook according to instructions.
- Once the water is boiling, add half of the flavor packs (Ex. if your using 4 packs of noodles, then use 2 flavor packs).
- Add 1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar for every cup of water. Start with a small amount, then adjust to taste.
- Once you’ve cooked the noodles to your liking, bowl them up and drizzle in some soy sauce.
- Lime wedges
- Poached egg (if you’re not sure how to poach an egg, here’s a quick video)
Friends, here me when I say this, AMAZING! If the kids are gobbling it down, then you know it’s a winner. Oh and trust me about that poached egg on top.
So there you have it, one of my favorite go to’s for a busy weeknight dinner. Ramen noodles, who da’ thunk it?!