My first Award of Recognition: The Liebster Award
Friends, I have some pretty exciting news. I’ve been nominated me for a Liebster blogging award. This is an award that’s given to new bloggers as a way to recognize & encourage them in their work.
Recognizing other bloggers (what this award is really all about)
Ayanna over at 21 Flavors of Splendor has nominated me for this award, and I couldn’t be more grateful. I’ve been following Ayanna, pretty much since I started blogging. She’s always been encouraging and this nomination is just further proof of that. Head over to check out her blog, oh and her Instagram is one full of encouragement and fun peaks into her everyday!
Another blog that I really love is Rachael’s over at Oh Lord Help Us. This is a woman sharing her faith and sharing her resources. It’s clear from the moment you enter the world of her blog, she’s looking to be real, have real conversation, and share her real learning. In addition to her blog, she’s also making some pretty sweet jewelry pieces. And as if that weren’t enough, she’s donating the proceeds from sales to invest back in her ministry to share Gods truth with woman of faith to know who they were created to be. This is a ministry and blog that will encourage women to live to their full potential as strong and fierce daughters of God. Check her out over at her blog, Instagram or any of her social media accounts. She’s always dishing out some encouragement.
The rules of this nomination encourage each blogger to share some randomness about ourselves. This is such a fun way to get to know each other a little better. So here we go!
10 Random Facts about me:
- FALL! I love it so much I named my daughter Autumn
- I often make myself giggle. I’m the funniest person I know. Kidding..a little!
- There’s always a song running through my head
- I’m a procrastinator
- I’m a volunteer coordinator for children’s ministry
- I’ve watched “The Office” and embarrassing number of times, I could probably quote the entire series.
- My husband & I have been together for over 15 years in total
- I love sarcasm, but admittedly I can slip into the awkward zone
- My family and I speak fluent movie quotes…it keeps things interesting!
- I typically eat all the snacks after my kids are asleep, then claim to have no idea what happened to them. NO SELF CONTROL!
Some more encouraged fun is answering questions from the person who nominated you, and posing 10 of your own for your nominations to answer on their website. Ayanna asked some really good ones, check them out below.
Ayanna’s questions for me:
- Why did you start your blog?
I started blogging as a creative outlet. At first, I was into the thrill of learning the in’s and out’s of the process. Then I realized, I had a voice, actual things to say that could help others. This is why I continue to blog.
- How did you come up with the name of your blog?
The name of my website perfectly describes the main themes of my life. We’re a family totally dependent of God’s grace to make it through the struggles of everyday life. Giggling is how we keep sane!
- How long have you been blogging?
I’ve been blogging for about 1 ½ year now
- If you could travel to any place in the world, where would you go?
Italy, definitely Italy! Or maybe Main, I hear they have the most amazing Autumn seasons.
- What is your favorite fiction book?
Is it bad that I don’t have one? I’m not much of a reader. Lately my reading is mostly of other’s blogs. I’ve been learning so much from my blogging buddies, and have gained new perspectives.
- What is your favorite part about blogging?
New friends! Admittedly, I’m not a social media person at all. In fact before my blog, I had almost no presence on any of it. Since I started blogging, I’ve made many friends all around the globe and have joined in prayer, joys, and sorrows with them.
- If you could meet any person, who is still alive, who would it be and why?
I had to really think about this one, but here’s who I came up with…ANY MISSIONARY. I know that God has me tethered to my current place, so I often look in amazement at folks who are picking up and moving out all in an effort to further the Kingdom of heaven and help as many people as possible. It’s a pretty interesting calling and life to lead.
- What is the one thing you could not live without?
Coffee & my Bible. I know that’s two things, but it measures up to one good morning.
- If you could eat one food every day and not worry about the calories, what would it be?
Ice cream, with tons of stuff in it. I love stuff, any stuff, in my ice cream!
- What do you see happening on your blog in year 5?
I’ve started praying for God to use my website as a way to lift others, and to connect a body of of like minded people to encourage each other and share life stories. I’m letting God lead me at this point, I’m willing to turn in any direction He leads me to.
As for my nominees, I would like to ask:
- What’s your favorite activity (outside of blogging, of course!)?
- What’s the one T.V. show that you hope(d) never goes (went) off the air?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- If you were to start a charity, who would it benefit?
- Are you a morning person? If so, please help me with some tips!
- What’s one piece of advice you can give to new bloggers?
- What’s you favorite social media platform?
- What’s your favorite season?
- What are some goals you have for your website?
Ladies, I’m so excited to read all the answers to these questions! Have fun with your answers.
Thank you again to Ayanna, who gave me this opportunity to not only share more about myself, but to keep this recognition train rolling.
Liebster Award 2017 Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post, or by having it as the feature image.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers.
- Ask your nominees questions of your own.
- List these rules in your post.
- Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award
- provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
If you would like a more detailed list of the rules, click here